Sunday, February 28, 2010

Venice + Florence + Rome = 1

So when people ask me about Italy, I always reply "Oh yeah man , Italy rocked/kicked-ass/was the sh*t" . Then they ask me why and I reply "Uh, I don't know".

That's what Italy was for me. A trip of a lifetime but not life-altering. Pretty weird right ? It's like telling your friends you went out on a date with Alicia Keys and summing the evening up with "We had a good burger".

But I will say that I liked Italy ALOT. The people were nice and they know their football. That's all it takes to impress me. If I had to live there I would do it in a heartbeat. *ahem*

Venice, Florence, and Rome - May 2008 -

Venice was the first part of our trek through Italia. I kinda wish it was the last part of the trip. Not because the city sucked , because that is far from the truth. The city is great. The people are great and the food is great. But Venice is much better enjoyed as a chill-down spot. It shouldn't be the beginning of your 15 day romp through Europe.


Well what can I tell you about Florence ? I went there and ate pizza and took pictures and walked around with a courier bag. The picture says it all. Now before you knock me and say "Wahhh, there's great stuff to do in Florence".

I know this. I was there. I even have pictures to prove it.


Rome, Rome, Rome...what a cool city. Lions, gladiators, history, the Vatican...it's all here. If you grew up with parents who are history nuts (Mom studied ancient Roman history and Dad liked communists) then you know that this stuff was beat into my head as a kid.

Rome rocks though. It's just not all museums and limbless statues. The city has personality. You walk around and you just nod your head sometimes and say "Yeah, mammma-jamma, I'm in Rome".





No comments:

Post a Comment